Friday, September 27, 2013

Routine

This week my skin decided to rebel against me in the worst way meaning that I had a series of breakouts in the same spot almost right next to each other so I've had to forego my usual make-up routine but I thought I'd outline it here anyways.

Doing my make-up can be rather tedious, since I have a lot of redness and acne scars to cover up, and especially if I choose to do any eyeliner. The most essential prodyct I use (Dermablend Redness Concealer) I discovered while making a list of products I wanted to give to my mother since she works part-time at Macy's and they had an upcoming sale. For the Dermablend Redness Concealer, this was about a couple years ago and for Clinique's Acne Solutions, another essential, it has been a staple for even longer, since I have been using since high school. In fact, that was the only product I would use on my face since I had a bout of terrible acne junior of high school. As for Tarte's Finishing Powder, it was a freebie I chose when I had amassed a certain amount of points at Sephora, along with Tarte's BB Cream, although I have since had to abandon the latter since I neglected to remember that it is $34 so maybe it will meet my face again someday. Another Tarte product, their "Amazonian clay bronzer" has been in my makeup case for as long as I remember and I have no idea how it got there, but it's great as well. And keeping with the theme of Macy's, I discovered Benefit's Porefessional while at a Lush located in a Macy's in downtown Chicago maybe one year ago and still have a majority of the tube as I only use it on my nose. It goes on very smooth and translucent and it's difficult to tell if it's working straight away but as it adjusts, you can begin to notice that it decreases the appearance of blackheads (which I equate with pores).

If anything, I would recommend these Dermablend and Clinique products since I would not be able to apply my makeup to my liking without them.


No comments:

Post a Comment