Saturday, July 10, 2010

Perspective


So for a week, I vowed to only listen to female fronted bands. Until I really started to discover new bands did I realize that a majority of the music I listen to has a male vocalist. The punk scene really needs to have a stronger female voice in my opinion. At shows, there are always more guys. Is this because females are afraid to stand out or do most girls just not like hardcore/punk/etc.? I know this issue has come up a lot but it's just so disheartening. Then there's the issue of being treated fairly at shows. I know I have been treated pretty well, but there are still those snide comments once in awhile how a girl can't be in the pit or do whatever else. This is getting off topic, so yeah. Punch, Discount, Suffix, and Lemuria are pretty much all I've listened to this week with a bit of Tegan and Sara in there. They are all so good, but what if the vocalists were male? Punch and Suffix would just be any old hardcore band, Discount would be another pop punk/indie band, and Tegan and Sara would be Tim and Scott. I have so much appreciation for these women. They just make me so proud and make me love this music even more. Here's some Suffix, since a few people asked: http://www.mediafire.com/?nmmy3zoummy

No comments:

Post a Comment